Sunday, November 24, 2013

Not Really What You Want To Read...

Definition of Vacation
 
1. a period of suspension of work, study, or other activity, usually used for rest, recreation, or travel; recess or holiday: Schoolchildren are on vacation now.
 
2. a part of the year, regularly set aside, when normal activities of law courts, legislatures, etc., are suspended.
 
3. freedom or release from duty, business, or activity.
 
4. an act or instance of vacating.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
In this context I didn't really lie. I DID go on vacation. It wasn't necessarily for recreation or travel, but it was indeed for rest.
 
You see, I had a 50 day vacation in a psych hospital.
 
From September 26th to November 15th.
 
Yes, I counted the days.
 
 
 
I still can't believe I practically missed Fall. It was warm when I went in, and deathly cold when I came out. So much for being able to wear my cute fall jackets.
 
While inpatient, I underwent excessive therapy, extreme medicinal changes, an overdose of cognitive classes and most extreme, a process called ECT, Electo Convulsive Therapy. Which, if it had to be compared to anything, would be most like Shock Treatment.
 
Yes, I underwent brain stimulation to attempt to cure me of my disorder. Wild huh?
 
 
 
Nonetheless, nothing seemed to work, and my insurance kicked my out after 50 days of making zero progress. (Well, some progress was made according to my doctors, but according to me, I left worse than I came in).
 
I've been battling my feelings, my past, my parts for a while. It has seemed to have gotten excessively worse lately.
 
Things, little and big, make me emotional, stress me out and overwhelm me to the point of non-functioning.
 
Since, being home for a bit, I've gotten a bit more control over my emotions and my medicine. When I first arrived home, I had apparently been taken so much medicine that I was practically overdosed for the first few days and couldn't function, so my psychiatrist basically halved everything to see if that would fix the problem (which it did).
 
There are a lot more things I could and would tell you about what I've been up to since June. It is all actually quite interesting, but most likely something you don't really want to read from a blog, that normally post outfit post.
 
But, I just wanted to get it out there why it seemed my vacation was so excessively long, and why my blog has been so extremely quiet.
 
I'm not sure if I plan to post outfit post anytime soon, to be honest.
 
After I got over the overdost, I've worn some pretty cute things if I do say so myself, but the motivation to set up my tripod and primp and pose in front of the camera has gone down the drain.
 
THank you anyway for those who have checked on me occaisionally, and those who have actually read this far into this post.
 
Hopefully, I'll be back soon.
 
Take Care
 
Jen L

1 comment:

I enjoy hearing what you have to say, suggestions you'd like to make and links you'd like to share. No spam please and always be respectful!! Thanks