Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thumbs Up Thursday: Bethany of Arched Eyebrow.com

There isn't much I can say except to ask you to go read Bethany's article HERE.

It is a powerful piece.


Size Acceptance / Fat acceptance isn't for everyone.

I admit, some people do need to lose weight to be healthier and happier.

But also realize, some people don't.

I recently lost 40 lbs in 2 months on a drastic diet plan.

The whole time I was miserable and suicidal.

I decided to stop starving myself and I feel much more content with myself now.

I do have my days when the "F" word* creeps in and makes me feel ferocious.



I also have days when the "F" word* creeps in and makes me feel:



At my smallest, I still felt too big. I wore a size 8 in jeans and could fit a size 6 dress. But the cheerleading uniform for some reason, barely covered my butt.


Here I am at a size 14. I was so self conscious. I could barely cross my legs.


Here I am at a 12/14. Eating something which was NOT a salad (Yah, for self acceptance).



But even though I now look back and think I looked thin, back then I still felt so big. I wore XL's and that meant I must be fat!!

But looking at these pictures I wonder, "What was I thinking??"  " Who made me feel like that?"  "Why in the world did I not think I was good enough?"

Basically, all we as humans want is to be happy. That is what it all boils down to.

And personally, I'd rather live 50 years happy, than live 90 years miserable.

That thinking may not be for everyone, but it's for me, and that is all that counts.

So to Bethany, here is a big THUMBS UP to you, for loving yourself for who you are and not being afraid to admit it!!





* F word = Fat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say, suggestions you'd like to make and links you'd like to share. No spam please and always be respectful!! Thanks