Sunday, July 7, 2013

Project Peeved - My Introduction



Hi, I am Jenna L., and I am a shopaholic. 

An addict.

In some ways, similar to those hoarders you hear about on TV (minus the cat feces, and petrified skeletons, of course).

No, not just someone who merely likes to shop, but actually someone who needs to shop to feel good. Wow, saying that puts a pit in my stomach.. Does it really make me feel THAT good?

Yeah, it does..

I buy multiples of the same item, just because they were on sale.

I have so much makeup (that I hardly wear), shampoo, conditioner and body wash, that I could probably stock a small homeless shelter for a week.

I buy clothing that isn’t even in my size, because “just in case”. (WTF??)

It is pitiful, really.

I am 33 years old and still wearing skulls on my clothing.

I literally have over 300 pairs of shoes.

And I am broke.

I am not quite sure where to begin or when to stop. So that is where this blogs comes in.

Hopefully by talking about my filthy little shopping indiscretions, the ones I can’t even admit to my Therapist, maybe I can get myself to stop.

I want to stop, I really do. But when you are an addict, you can’t just simply stop. If you could, you wouldn’t be an addict, now would you?

I even gave all my credit cards to my father, because I knew I couldn’t control myself. But somehow
I had figured out a way to find my credit card number anyway, and have racked up, just over the past week almost $1,000 in debt.

I don’t know what to do. I doubt insurance pays for shopping addictions.

Plus, I can’t even admit it to anyone but myself, and people I don’t know, that I indeed have a problem. How am I going to be able to admit to the world, without a mask to hide behind, that I have a shopping addiction?

I don't know.

So, here is some self inflicted truth serum in the form of a tell-all blog.

Hopefully, this will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say, suggestions you'd like to make and links you'd like to share. No spam please and always be respectful!! Thanks