Sunday, September 8, 2013

I'm Much More Than My Wardrobe - About Books


Lessons from the Fat-o-sphere: Quit Dieting and Declare a Truce with Your Body      FAT!SO? : Because You Don't Have to Apologize for Your Size     Fat Chicks Rule!: How To Survive in a Thin-Centric World


I've really gotten totally into the whole body acceptance movement lately. (I'm sure you could tell)

Especially, since I am considered Obese, that makes me even more conscious of making sure I don't let others define me, put me down and step on me.

It feels extremely important to me that I learn to love my body no matter what size it is.
All women are real women, no matter their size. That is what body acceptance is about.


Keeping all this in mind, one day I was browsing Amazon.com for some new books I could get my son, and I decided to look up some books for me. The first thing that came to mind was that infamous book "Lessons from the Fat-o-sphere".

I was curious and wanted to read some honest reviews. So I clicked.


Well, the reviews looked pretty good with the exception of the occaisional rant, for instance

"You are encouraging people to be fat so they can have rotten feet and die early"

I paraphrased a bit as that was a combination of several rants.

Regardless, the rest of the reviews were pretty good so I put it in my Amazon cart.







Once I did this, I was then lead to see other book suggestions.  I then began comparing and contrasting the reviews for each body acceptance book (actually more fat acceptance but I'm okay with that).

I finally settled on the below three books.


Lessons from the Fat-o-sphere: Quit Dieting and Declare a Truce with Your Body



FAT!SO? : Because You Don't Have to Apologize for Your Size

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say, suggestions you'd like to make and links you'd like to share. No spam please and always be respectful!! Thanks