Saturday, September 21, 2013

No Dad, Really, I'm Not Going "Clubbing"






When I first put this outfit on and proceeded to take pictures in the early morning like I usually do, my father (an early bird, not an insomniac like me) came out on the porch to watch. Suddenly he said:
"You look REALLY nice. You look like you're going clubbing" - Well Meaning Dad
I started laughing so hard, I had to stop the camera. But then I looked down at my Gold Lame embossed
T-shirt and began to wonder:
"AM I too dressed up?" - Self-concious Jen


I mean to me, it was just a T-shirt and leggings.

But to my father, it was apparently a clubbing outfit.


In my opinion, the only thing that made this outfit  looked dressed up were the heels Gold Capped heels I was wearing. 
Which were incredibly comfy by the way.


Plus, the '98 emblazoned across my chest was my High School Graduation year and the first year I started college at Howard University. 

I thought I was representing in the T-Shirt...
(Notice I continually emphasize that this was nothing more than a T-shirt??)


Oh Well, I ended up switiching out the heels for some black flats mid way throughout the day, because of a picnic I went to.



As I'm sure you know, it's not easy walking across soft grass in heels!!


Even in this photo shoot my heel got stuck twice between the gapes in the porch floor.

And the camera caught it all!




Well, regardless of what my Dad said, I got tons of compliments and also some questions about what '98 meant.
As I've said before, I am careful what I wear across my chest, and make sure that I understand the meaning behind any symbols, numbers, icons that I wear.


Anyway, as always, I truly appreciate you stopping by and reading.

I hope you take care and don't be a stranger!!

Love, 

Jen L.


T-shirt - Asos (size 14) / Leggings: INC via Macy's / Shoes: Payless

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say, suggestions you'd like to make and links you'd like to share. No spam please and always be respectful!! Thanks