Saturday, September 7, 2013

Jungle Boogie - First Try Mixing Prints

This is actually the first time I've mixed prints here on the blog. I've tried it at home on several occasions to no avail. I just assumed I wasn't good at it.

But today I decided to try again. This time I stuck to the simpler mix of black and white prints. I think I did pretty good.



I really wanted to wear this crop top I recently got from Asos. It has a black and white printed jungle scene on it, (hence the name of this post) and it is absolutely adorable.


It is definitely a crop top, with the hem of the shirt stopping just below my bra line. Since I haven't gotten up the gall to actually wear a crop top as a crop top (YET) and plus it is actually kind of cold today, I decided I needed to wear something high waisted.  In came the skirt.
This skirt is a bit too big for me, I have no clue why I got it in the size I did. I think it was the last one available and I had fallen in love with it so I got it anyway thinking I could just have it tailored.
I actually have worn this skirt before on the blog, wearing it as a dress with a blazer. It is just that big. I'm not sure if it was meant to be worn as a dress, because of the stitched line that goes across the waist. Regardless, I wore it that way anyway.
 But to day I decided to wear it as a skirt. It was long enough to be worn high on the waist and still hit at my knees. It is pretty chilly and breezy outside (about low to mid 60's), so I wanted to wear something somewhat warm yet fashionable and reflective of the transitioning of summer to fall.
I wore a red belt to break up the black and white and also to hold up the skirt. I chose this bow belt because I thought it was cute. I haven't had a chance to wear it although I've had it for at least 2 years. Well, here is my chance.
My lovely belly and even lovelier bow belt

How are you in mixing prints? Colors are still a mystery to me, but I am going to take it one step at a time.

I kept my accessories to a minimum, adding red shoes, a bracelet and some earrings. No necklace this time around. I also ended up wearing these stockings, which are really the continuation of the spanx I'm wearing. 


I couldn't find my regular spanx so I just grabbed these which were obviously made fto wear with pants or high boots.  But I decided to rock the 80's look of leggings with a skirt.
And to tell you the truth, I really like how this turned out.
What do you think?



Well, as always, thanks for reading!!

Gentle Hugs!!

Jen L.

Jungle Sketch Crop Top: Asos / Striped Skirt: Torrid / Leggings: Spanx / Shoes: Payless

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say, suggestions you'd like to make and links you'd like to share. No spam please and always be respectful!! Thanks